Another little nudge letter – this time on ATED

HMRC are seeking Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) charges from Non Natural Persons or typically offshore structures such as companies and trusts.  ATED returns are required even if the taxpayer wishes to claim an exemption from the tax charge. How much is at stake?